Monument record 0585500000 - BOURNE END-WYCOMBE RAILWAY
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY (19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Dimensions - Length 7700 m
Plan Form - LINEAR
10-MILE LINE FROM MAIDENHEAD-HIGH WYCOMBE, VIA BOURNE END, AUTHORISED 1846, OPENED 1 AUG 1854. BUILT UP FROM VARIOUS BRANCHES RADIATING FROM HIGH WYCOMBE. OPERATED BY GWR. CLOSED TO GOODS 1967, TO PASSENGERS MAY 1970. MAIDENHEAD-BOURNE END STILL OPEN FOR MARLOW BRANCH (B1-2).
History of railway (B10).
History and photographs of railway (B11).
Last train between Bourne End and High Wycombe ran on 4 May 1969 (B12).
- <1>SBC3423 Bibliographic reference: R Davies & M D Grant. 1975. FORGOTTEN RAILWAYS: CHILTERNS & COTSWOLDS PP43-46.
- <2>SBC2932 Bibliographic reference: R Christiansen. 1981. THAMES & SEVERN (REGIONAL HISTORY OF RAILWAYS OF GREAT BRITAIN VOL 13) PP148-149.
- <3>SBC9239 Article in serial: C L Mowat. 1933. 'THE WYCOMBE RAILWAY', IN RAILWAY MAGAZINE 73 PP157-164 & PP321-326. Vol 73.
- <4>SBC12003 Verbal communication: Andrew Pike (BCM). 1992. PIKE A R PERS COMM AUG 1992 FOLLOWING FIELD VISIT & NGRS FROM OS 1960 1:10560 MAP.
- <5>SBC22218 Unpublished document: Martin Andrew (WDC). 2004. Report to Bucks Historic Environment Forum, March 2004.
- <6>SBC3604 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1973. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: WYCOMBE DISTRICT: BOROUGH OF HIGH WYCOMBE.
- <7>SBC23358 Unpublished document: English Heritage. 2006. NMR Buildings Reports.
- <8>SBC23522 Unpublished document: Network Archaeology. 2009. High Wycombe Railway Station Development: Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment.
- <9>SBC23673 Unpublished document: Planning Development Management Ltd. 2010. Former Brunel Broad Gauge Station (Latterly Known as The Goods Shed): Photographic Survey.
- <10>SBC22784 Bibliographic reference: F G Cockman. 2006. The Railways of Buckinghamshire from the 1830s: An account of those that were not built as well as those which were. page 54.
- <11>SBC23891 Bibliographic reference: Colin G Maggs. 2010. The Branch Lines of Buckinghamshire. pages 9-16.
- <12>SBC20434 Bibliographic reference: D Edwards R Pilgrim. 1982. The Final Link. page 46.
|Grid reference||Centred SU 89457 89988 (3605m by 5457m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WOOBURN, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
|Civil Parish||CHEPPING WYCOMBE, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
|Civil Parish||HIGH WYCOMBE, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (13)
- Parent of: ABBEY BARN LANE (Monument) (0585500009)
- Parent of: BOURNE END STATION (Monument) (0585500001)
- Parent of: Bourne End to Marlow branch line (Monument) (1481400000)
- Parent of: CORES END ROAD, BOURNE END (Monument) (0585500002)
- Parent of: High Wycombe Railway Station (Maidenhead to Wycombe branch railway) (Building) (0585500011)
- Parent of: JUNIPER LANE (Monument) (0585500005)
- Parent of: LONDON ROAD (A40) BRIDGE (Monument) (0585500010)
- Parent of: LOUDWATER STATION (Monument) (0585500006)
- Parent of: SPRING LANE (Monument) (0585500008)
- Parent of: TREADAWAY HILL (Monument) (0585500007)
- Parent of: WHITEPIT LANE (Monument) (0585500004)
- Parent of: WOOBURN GREEN STATION (Monument) (0585500003)
- Part of: Great Western Railway (Monument) (0934900000)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: (EBC13535)
Record last edited
May 1 2018 3:19PM