Monument record 0009304000 - WALTON COURT
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- MANOR (12th Century to 13th Century - 1100 AD to 1299 AD)
MAIN C12-C13 FEATURES EXCAVATED WERE A SERIES OF DITCHES WHICH DEFINED A LARGE ENCLOSURE WITH INTERNAL SUBDIVISIONS. THE MANOR HOUSE SITE MAY BE UNDER 'WALTON COURT', A C19 STRUCTURE. SUDDEN DECLINE IN VOLUME OF DOMESTIC REFUSE - BECAUSE OF ITS USE TO MANURE FIELDS? (B1).
Article on evolution of prebendal estate of Heydour-cum-Walton from early endowment of minster church (B13).
- ---SBC18773 Aerial Photograph: 01/03/48. RAF 147.5006. SP\822131. Yes.
- <1>SBC5183 Article in serial: Mike Farley. 1976. 'SAXON & MEDIEVAL WALTON, AYLESBURY, EXCAVATIONS 1973-1974', IN RECS OF BUCKS 20 pp153-291. Vol 20.
- <13>SBC22461 Article in serial: Hugh Hanley. 2005. 'Some New Light on Caldecote and the Ancient Endowment of Aylesbury Minster', in Records of Bucks Vol 45 pp33-44. Vol 45.
|Grid reference||Centred SP 8227 1319 (40m by 80m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (7)
- Parent of: WALTON COURT (Find Spot) (0009304005)
- Parent of: WALTON COURT (Find Spot) (0009304006)
- Parent of: WALTON COURT (Monument) (0009304001)
- Parent of: WALTON COURT (Monument) (0009304002)
- Parent of: WALTON COURT (Monument) (0009304003)
- Parent of: WALTON COURT (Monument) (0009304004)
- Part of: WALTON COURT (Monument) (0009300000)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC11143)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC11147)
Record last edited
Dec 2 2004 6:23PM