Monument record 0637700000 - Aylesbury High School, Walton Road
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD? (Late Iron Age to 2nd Century - 100 BC? to 199 AD?)
A watching brief carried out by Babtie in September and October 2000 during construction of a new Music Centre produced evidence for a possible late Iron Age to Romano-British farmstead, or possible agricultural settlement, with some traces of activity in the early to middle Iron Age (B1).
NGR to centre.
Subsequent evaluation carried out by Albion Archaeology in September 2004 identified 2 early Romano-British ditches, interpreted as field boundaries (B2).
- <1>SBC19765 Unpublished document: Babtie. 2003. Aylesbury High School: Archaeological Watching Brief Report.
- <2>SBC22197 Unpublished document: Albion Archaeology. 2004. Aylesbury High School: Archaeological Field Evaluation.
- <3>SBC23935 Unpublished document: Albion Archaeology. 2011. Aylesbury High School, Walton Road, Aylesbury: Archaeological Trial Trenching.
- <4>SBC24076 Unpublished document: Albion Archaeology. 2011. Aylesbury High School, Walton Road, Aylesbury: Archaeological Watching Brief.
|Grid reference||SP 82581 13261 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Watching brief (Ref: AHS 2000-1) (EBC16110)
Record last edited
Feb 15 2012 12:17PM