Find Spot record 0521101002 - Field SW of ST JAMES' CHURCH, BOARSTALL kiln
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Undated)
POTTERY IN CHARACTERISTIC BRILL/BOARSTALL FABRIC FOUND IN FIELD, CENTRE C170M SSE OF CHURCH. SUBSEQUENT FIELDWALKING FOUND AT LEAST 6 DISCRETE POTTERY CONCENTRATIONS & LARGE GENERAL SCATTER ALONG S EDGE OF FIELD. FURTHER INFORMATION AWAITED WHEN THIS LARGE AMOUNT OF POTTERY IS PROCESSED. Concentration of sherds in this location = 90+ per survey square (1)
A field survey carried out by June Stong noted 3 kiln sites, a well, and up to 12 house platforms in this field (3)
- ---SBC18758 Aerial Photograph: 13/06/47. RAF 133.4018. SP\623130. Yes.
- ---SBC19904 Unpublished document: CMAG. 1983. Archive of CMAG fieldwalking of Great Bardols Field, Boarstall..
- <1>SBC8457 Verbal communication: MEF 1983(MARCH) PERS COMM; GRID SQUARE PLAN OF FIE LDWALKING IN HANGING FILE & FILED.
- <2>SBC2652 Unpublished document: Stan Cauvain. 1991. STUDY OF THE CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF CERAMIC MATERIALS FROM MEDIEVAL KILNS IN SOUTH BUCKS.
- <3>SBC19902 Unpublished document: June Strong. 1997. Archive of survey of Boarstall medieval settlement undertaken voluntarily for the National Trust.
|Grid reference||SP 6255 1400 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||BOARSTALL, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- SHERD (15th Century to 16th Century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (4)
- Event - Survey: (EBC13650)
- Event - Intervention: Field survey (EBC16202)
- Event - Intervention: Fieldwalking and metal detecting survey of Great Bardols field and fields south of Boarstall Decoy (EBC16203)
- Event - Intervention: Fieldwalking of Great Bardols field and invesigation of pottery production site (EBC12914)
Record last edited
May 2 2007 2:43PM