Monument record 0193204000 - 2 & 4 TEMPLE STREET, 2 & 4 BOURBON STREET
- None recorded
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (Demolished 1973, 16th Century to 19th Century - 1500 AD to 1899 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Demolished 1973, 16th Century - 1500 AD? to 1599 AD?)
- SHOP (Demolished 1973, 19th Century to Modern - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)
Formerly listed grade II. Demolished in 1973. Study carried out during demolition noted a dragon beam, which indicated a jettied building of probably Tudor date (B4, P429).
(For post-Tudor structure see B6).
2 & 4 Bourbon Street: C18. Colour washed brick and stucco, old tiled roof. 2 storeys and attics, 2 box and 1 gabled casement dormers. 2 first floor sashes with glazing bars. C19 shop fronts.
2 & 4 Temple Street: Early to mid C19. Red brick, Welsh slates. 3 storeys, brick cornice. sashes with glazing bars, 1st floor flat arches. C19 and modern shop fronts with cornices (B6).
- <1>SBC12722 Bibliographic reference: RCHM BUCKS 1 P36.
- <2>SBC8395 Verbal communication: MEF 1973 (MARCH) PERS COMM.
- <3>SBC8326 Bibliographic reference: MEDIEVAL ARCHAEOLOGY 1974 18 PP198-9.
- <4>SBC5182 Article in serial: Michael Farley. 1973-4. 'AYLESBURY - A DEFENDED TOWN?', IN RECS OF BUCKS 19 PP429-448.
- <5>SBC10648 Unpublished document: Ordnance Survey Field Investigator. OS RECORD CARD (NOT RETAINED).
- <6>SBC3590 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1973. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST. pp2,50.
|Grid reference||SP 81866 13727 (point)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: (EBC13421)
Record last edited
Feb 22 2021 6:34PM