Building record 0257503000 - SOUTH GATEWAY TO CHURCHYARD
- Listed Building (II) 1117952: SOUTH GATEWAY TO ST MARY'S CHURCHYARD
Type and Period (2)
- GATE (19th Century to Modern - 1800 AD? to 1999 AD?)
- GATE PIER (18th Century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
Dimensions - Width 4 m.
Grade II. C18. Red brick piers, ashlar cornices & stepped blocking courses, stone urns with gadrooning & spiral fluting. Wrought iron inner pilasters, late C19 or early C20 overthrow. The gateway marks a point along the principal approach to the church via Church Street lined by many fine listed buildings, mainly refronted in the late C18 or early C19. All the listed buildings in St Mary's Square on the south side of Parson's Fee form a group with No 1 St Mary's Row and No 6 Pebble Lane (B17).
- <17>SBC3590 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1973. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST. p43.
|Grid reference||SP 81736 13872 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit by Historic Buildings Officer (EBC13569)
Record last edited
Feb 21 2021 4:08PM