Building record 0251201000 - MONKTON FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 1125577: MONKTON FARMHOUSE
- Planning Notification Area: Late medieval timber-framed manor house at Monkton Farm
Type and Period (4)
- MANOR HOUSE (15th Century to 19th Century - 1400 AD? to 1899 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (15th Century to 16th Century - 1400 AD to 1599 AD)
- CRUCK HOUSE (15th Century - 1400 AD? to 1499 AD?)
- FARMHOUSE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Monkton Farm, a building with old wing of 3 gables, probably marks the site of Monkton Manor (B1).
'Monkton' marked at NGR (B3).
Grade II. House. Late medieval in origin, with late C16 cross wing to left, all rebuilt in brick C18 and C19, refurbished C20. Brick, the left bay of vitreous header brick with red dressings and cogged edging to gable. Old tile roof, rebuilt brick chimney to centre. 2 storeys, 4 gabled bays, the left bay slightly lower and projecting. C20 2 and 3-light barred wooden casements those to ground floor and left bay with cambered heads. C20 door with flanking single lights and C20 lean-to porch in third bay. 3 bays to right have wooden lintel running across base of gables, the 2 right bays with some thin brick above, Interior retains 2 cruck trusses and some heavy timber framing in left wing with curved wall braces and wind-braces (B2).
- <1>SBC20462 Bibliographic reference: William Page (ed). 1925. A History of Buckinghamshire (Victoria County History) Volume III. Volume 3. pp80, 82.
- <2>SBC4242 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1987. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST; BUCKS: WYCOMBE DISTRICT: PARISHES OF CHEPPING WYCOMBE &C. p39.
- <3>SBC10409 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1960. OS 1960 6 INCH MAP. 1:10,560.
|Grid reference||SU 85854 89887 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LITTLE MARLOW, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 10 2022 8:42PM