Monument record 0247800000 - BRILL (ALLOTMENTS)
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- POTTERY KILN? (14th Century to 15th Century - 1300 AD to 1499 AD)
POSSIBLE KILN SITE INDICATED BY SCATTER OF POTTERY OVER ALLOTMENTS, WHICH INCLUDED 3 WASTERS & 2 SHERDS WITH GLAZE OVER FRACTURE/S. FINDS WERE MOSTLY JUG SHERDS, & SOME JAR FRAGMENTS. MOSTLY DATED TO C14TH-15TH, THOUGH POSSIBLY SOME C13TH JUGS PRESENT (B1,B3).
A rim and body sherd of a Brill slipped bowl were found in the allotments along with some post-medieval pottery, clay pipes and other finds (B4).
- <1>SBC9502 Verbal communication: MRS J STRONG & FARLEY M E (BCM) JULY 1976 PERS COMM.
- <2>SBC10648 Unpublished document: Ordnance Survey Field Investigator. OS RECORD CARD (NOT RETAINED).
- <3>SBC9503 Verbal communication: MRS J STRONG & FARLEY M E (BCM) OCT 1978 PERS COMM.
- <4>SBC22849 Verbal communication: Barbara Hurman. 2004. Brill archaeology roadshow identification sheets - Brill allotments. 1st sheet.
- <5>SBC22850 Verbal communication: Michael Farley. 2004. Blade core from Brill allotments identified at archaeology roadshow.
|Grid reference||Centred SP 6551 1370 (123m by 157m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BRILL, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Intervention: Surface find (EBC11429)
- Event - Intervention: Surface find (EBC14484)
Record last edited
Nov 27 2015 9:02AM