Monument record 0718300000 - Fulmer War Memorial
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- WAR MEMORIAL (Constructed 1917, Modern - 1901 AD to 1999 AD)
An elaborate screen in St. James church with name panels recording those killed in WW1 and WW2 affixed. Above the name panels are inscriptions in wrought iron. The screen was made by Messrs Samuel Ellliot & Sons and was originally unveiled by Lady Bell in 1917 - a further ceremony was held, when the WW2 names were added in 1950, with Bishop Suffragan of Buckingham and Admiral R. Shelley (B1).
Photographs and further details available (B2).
- <1>SBC24036 Digital archive: Imperial War Museum. 2011. UK National Inventory of War Memorials. UKNIWM REF: 8286.
- <2>SBC24038 Digital archive: June, Peter & Martin Underwood. 2011. Buckinghamshire Remembers database.
|Grid reference||SU 99911 85683 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||FULMER, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 26 2014 10:54AM