Landscape record 0710900000 - Quarrenden Fields
- None recorded
Type and Period (3)
- RIDGE AND FURROW (Medieval to Post-Medieval - 1066 AD to 1798 AD)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Medieval to Post-Medieval - 1066 AD to 1798 AD)
- OPEN FIELD (Medieval to Post-Medieval - 1066 AD to 1798 AD)
Remains of ridge and furrow of the Medieval and post-medieval field systems along with headlands and possible field boundaries identified during investigations by Stratascan and Albion Archaeology from September to December 2009. Evidence for the medieval field layout along with the irregular pre-parliamentary enclosures established by the Lees from the mid 16th century is suggested. Some extant field boundaries are thought to represent surviving pre-medieval, medieval and 16th century boundaries. See reports for detail (B1-2).
- <1>SBC24007 Unpublished document: Stratascan. 2009. Geophysical Survey Report: Quarrendon Fields, Aylesbury.
- <2>SBC24006 Unpublished document: Albion Archaeology. 2010. Quarrendon Fields, Aylesbury: Archaeological Field Evaluation. pp13,23,26-27; Figs 2-4,10.
|Grid reference||SP 80000 16450 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||QUARRENDON, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Archaeological investigations at Quarrendon Fields (Berryfield East) (EBC17422)
Record last edited
Jul 2 2019 6:10PM