Find Spot record 0085300002 - AREA NW OF PUTLOWES
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Undated)
HEAVY SCATTER OF ROMAN POTTERY DATED TO LATE C1/EARLY C2 (B2-3). AREA OF POTTERY FINDS FROM FIELDWALKING BY MRS J STRONG SHOWN ON MAP FILED (B6).
The Roman material was concentrated in the southern half of the site and was particularly prevalent both along the projected line of Akeman Street (SMA076) and to the south of the thoroughfare. Dense clusters of Roman pottery and ceramic building material were visible within the eastern halves of Fields 1 and 2. (B7)
- <1>SBC24679 Unpublished document: High Speed 2 (HS2) Limited. 2013. London - West Midlands Environmental Statement, Volume 5, Technical Appendices, CFA11, Stoke Mandeville and Aylesbury, Survey Reports (CH-004-011).
- <2>SBC13744 Bibliographic reference: RIVET A L F 1958 TOWN & COUNTRY IN ROMAN BRITAIN PP146,168.
- <3>SBC16291 Bibliographic reference: VIATORES 1964 ROMAN ROADS IN THE SE MIDLANDS PP37,44,45,272,273.
- <6>SBC14919 Unpublished document: 1975. STRONG J & FARLEY M E (BCM) MARCH 1975.
- <7>SBC24679 Unpublished document: High Speed 2 (HS2) Limited. 2013. London - West Midlands Environmental Statement, Volume 5, Technical Appendices, CFA11, Stoke Mandeville and Aylesbury, Survey Reports (CH-004-011).
|Grid reference||Centred SP 7790 1530 (460m by 510m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FLEET MARSTON, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- VESSEL (1st Century Roman to 2nd Century - 43 AD to 199 AD)
- TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BRICK (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Survey: Fieldwalking (EBC15808)
- Event - Survey: Fieldwalking survey of fields south of Fleet Marston (Ref: CFL11 KB0AD a-d) (EBC17795)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2016 5:09PM