Monument record 0083400000 - S OF OAKEND COTTAGE: SITE I
- Planning Notification Area: Mesolithic flint-working and occupation site, partly excavated during road works
Type and Period (1)
- OCCUPATION SITE (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
1 OF 5 SITES EXCAVATED DURING BUILDING OF CHALFONT ST PETER BYPASS. MESOLITHIC WORKING FLOOR WITH WASTE FLAKES & OTHER FLINTS. ALSO PREHISTORIC, ROMAN & MEDIEVAL POTTERY. EXCAVATION DONE IN 26 METRE SQUARES. AVAILABLE AREA LIMITED DUE TO ROAD CONSTRUCTION (FULL PUBLISHED REPORT)(B1-2).
MATERIAL GIVEN TO BCM & SORTED (B4).
Incorrectly described as a neolithic settlement (B6).
- <1>SBC13438 Article in serial: RECS OF BUCKS 1966 18 P88.
- <2>SBC816 Bibliographic reference: BARFIELD L H 1977 THE EXCAVATION OF A MESOLITHIC S ITE AT GERRARDS CROSS,BUCKS,IN RECSOFBUCKS20PP308.
- <3>SBC9497 Unpublished document: MRS H BRIDBURY,VIA MRS B A STAINTON,TO M E FARLEY, MAY 1976.
- <4>SBC813 Bibliographic reference: BARFIELD L H & FARLEY M E DEC 1977.
- <5>SBC20011 Unpublished document: Archaeological Services & Consultancy Ltd. 2001. Chilterns Chalk Streams Project: Chess & Misbourne Valleys - Archaeological Assessment.
- <6>SBC22555 Unpublished document: Greater London Council. 1977. The Archaeology of the Colne Valley Park. Table 5.
|Grid reference||TQ 01140 88420 (point)|
|Civil Parish||GERRARDS CROSS, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
- Parent of: S OF OAKEND COTTAGE (Find Spot) (0083400001)
- Parent of: S OF OAKEND COTTAGE: SITE I (Find Spot) (0083403000)
- Parent of: S OF OAKEND COTTAGE: SITE I (Find Spot) (0083404000)
- Parent of: S OF OAKEND COTTAGE: SITE I (Monument) (0083401000)
- Parent of: S OF OAKEND COTTAGE: SITE I (Monument) (0083402000)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC10870)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC13368)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC13375)
Record last edited
Feb 26 2018 1:53PM