Monument record 0660603006 - Westcott rocket test sites A, B, C & D
- Listed Building (II*) 1403959: A - B test-stands and support structures, former Royal Ordnance Establishment, Westcott
- Listed Building (II*) 1403962: C - D test-stands and support structures, former Royal Ordnance Establishment, Westcott
Type and Period (1)
- ROCKET TEST FACILITY (Modern to Unknown - 1947 AD)
Early post-war rocket testing areas built in pairs, at the southern end of the N-S runway. A and B are on the east side whilst C and D are on the west side of the runway. Recent research by English Heritage has identified building 208 in Site C as a 'test cell' having links with captured German scientists (B7).
Test stands A, B, C and D listed grade II+ in May 2013. See detailed description, history and reasons for designation (B18-19).
- <3>SBC19273 Bibliographic reference: Wayne D Cocroft. 2000. Dangerous Energy. pp247-249.
- <7>SBC23214 Unpublished document: David Radford (BCC). 2007. Map extracts annotated with brief notes and photographs taken during site visit in August 2007..
- <18>SBC24344 Digital archive: English Heritage. 2013. National Heritage List for England: Listing Entry.
- <19>SBC24345 Digital archive: English Heritage. 2013. National Heritage List for England: Listing Entry.
|Grid reference||Centred SP 71233 16552 (277m by 126m) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||WESTCOTT, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 12 2019 11:26AM