Monument record 0853000000 - Aston Abbotts village
- Conservation Area: Aston Abbotts Conservation Area
- Planning Notification Area: Historic village core of Aston Abbotts
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) VILL (Recorded 1086, 11th Century - 1000 AD to 1099 AD)
- SETTLEMENT (Medieval to Modern - 1066 AD to 1999 AD)
The Abbot [of St Albans] holds Aston (Abbots) himself. It answers for 10 hides. Land for 12 ploughs; in lordship 6 hides; 3 ploughs there; a further 2 possible. 7 villagers with 12 smallholders have 6 ploughs. 1 slave; meadow for 3 ploughs. Value £10; when acquired £6; before 1066 £10. This manor lay and lies in the lordship of St Albans Church (B1).
NGR to centre of Aston Abbotts village.
Conservation Area designated on 19th July 1989. See Summary (B2).
- <1>SBC4271 Bibliographic reference: John Morris (ed). 1978. Domesday Book: Buckinghamshire. Entry 8:2.
- <2>SBC23648 Bibliographic reference: Aylesbury Vale District Council. 2008. Aston Abbotts Conservation Area Summary.
|Grid reference||SP 847 201 (point)|
|Civil Parish||ASTON ABBOTTS, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 5 2021 12:27PM