Monument record 0687404002 - Penn Wood Camp
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- PRACTICE TRENCH? (Modern - 1939 AD? to 1945 AD?)
The survey notes a recent narrow excavation or slit trench with a larger sinuous excavation to the S. Both are believed to be fairly modern and possibly of WWII origin (B1).
LIDAR survey in 2015 identified a zig-zag bank and ditch 250m long, aligned NW-SE, the top of the bank being about 0.65m above the base of the ditch. See report for detail and plot (B3).
- <1>SBC20067 Unpublished document: Neil Sanderson. 2000. Ecological and Historic Landscape Assessment of Penn Wood.
- <2>SBC19623 Bibliographic reference: Miles Green. 1999. The History of Penn Wood.
- <3>SBC24645 Article in serial: Chess Valley Archaeological and Historical Society. 2015. Chess Valley Journal (Journal of the Chess Valley Archaeological and Historical Society) 2015. Vol 35. pp29-34, Fig 5.
|Grid reference||SU 91992 96063 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PENN, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Ecological and historic landscape survey (EBC16289)
Record last edited
Jan 8 2019 11:54AM