Monument record 0403901000 - Southend Hill
Cropmark of possible Neolithic cursus or mortuary enclosure seen on aerial photographs adjacent to Cheddington hillfort.
- None recorded
Type and Period (2)
- CURSUS? (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- MORTUARY ENCLOSURE? (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Cropmark of subrectangular feature with traces of ovoid interior feature adjacent to Cheddington hillfort. May be possible cursus. Seen on oblique APs (B7).
- ---SBC19509 Aerial Photograph: Michael Farley. 1999. Oblique APS of Cheddington hillfort &c. SP91961656. Yes.
- ---SBC21794 Aerial Photograph: Michael Farley. 1999. 1999 oblique AP by Mike Farley. SP91951655. Yes.
- <7>SBC22751 Verbal communication: Michael Farley. 1999. Mike Farley to Julia Wise (BCC) pers comm July 1999.
|Grid reference||SP 9219 1661 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CHEDDINGTON, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Aerial photography (EBC15982)
Record last edited
Feb 12 2018 6:20PM