Monument record 0475202000 - Former Nurses Home, Stone
- None recorded
Type and Period (6)
- OCCUPATION SITE (Late Bronze Age to 5th Century Roman - 1000 BC to 409 AD)
- DITCH (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- PIT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- POST HOLE (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- DITCH (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- CREMATION? (Unknown date)
HAT evaluation trial trenching in area of former Nurses Home in May 1999 revealed a diffuse spread of Late Bronze Age features - ditches, pits and post holes across the site and a single ditch dated to the Roman period. Pottery dated to Late Bronze Age. Also 3 flint flakes, all unretouched; and an undated possible unurned cremation (B2).
Report pulling together all fieldwork (B5).
- <2>SBC19187 Unpublished document: Hertfordshire Archaeological Trust. 1999. Former Nurses Home, Land North of Oxford Road, Stone: An Archaeological Evaluation.
- <5>SBC19504 Article in serial: Catriona Gibson et al. 2001. 'A Late Bronze Age to Roman Site at the Former Nurses Home, Oxford Road, Stone', in Recs of Bucks Vol 41. Vol 41.
|Grid reference||SP 7780 1225 (point)|
|Civil Parish||STONE, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- SHERD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- SHERD (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FLAKE (Unknown date)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: HAT Evaluation 1999 (EBC15842)
Record last edited
Aug 31 2011 2:11PM