Landscape record 0077006000 - Gardens of Foscote Manor House
- SHINE: Foscott Medieval shrunken village earthworks with associated ridge and furrow cultivation, fishponds & manor site, and Foscott Roman villa site
Type and Period (3)
- PARK (19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- GARDEN (19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- ORNAMENTAL POND (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Late 19th century gardens and parkland. First shown on the first edition 6" OS map. Possible kitchen garden belonging to church? Much of the parkland in missing from the original design. Fish pond added at a later date during the 20th century (B15-16).
Pool house added in early 21st century (B14).
- <14>SBC23577 Graphic material: Acanthus Clews Architects. 2001. Architects' plans and elevation drawings of Foscott Manor.
- <15>SBC19002 Unpublished document: Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Service. 1998. Historic Parks and Gardens Register Review.
- <16>SBC10010 Map: O.S. 6 INCH (1:10560) MAP 1ST EDITION (1876/83).
|Grid reference||SP 7170 3585 (point)|
|Civil Parish||FOSCOTT, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 9 2018 3:39PM