Building record 0063008000 - GARDEN WALL & SUMMER HOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 1213381: GARDEN WALL AND SUMMER HOUSE TO NORTH OF NOTLEY ABBEY HOUSE
Type and Period (4)
- GARDEN WALL (18th Century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- SUMMERHOUSE (18th Century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
GRADE II. C18. HIGH STONE WALL TO N OF HOUSE WITH BAND OF HERRINGBONE BRICKWORK. ARCHED SUMMER HOUSE IN CENTRE OF NORTH SIDE (B20).
5 fragments of reused Medieval and late 16th or early 17th century moulded masonry fragments, probably from the demolished abbey buildings, were identified during a watching brief carried out by Oxford Archaeology in June and July 2003, during restoration works to the garden wall (B28).
- ---SBC17908 Aerial Photograph: 06/03/85. CUC RC8-HH-225 (501). SP\704095. Yes.
- <20>SBC3646 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1981. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST. p14.
- <28>SBC22196 Unpublished document: Oxford Archaeology. 2003. Notley Abbey, Long Crendon: Archaeological Watching Brief Report.
|Grid reference||SP 71520 09245 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LONG CRENDON, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Watching brief (Ref: LONOT 03) (EBC16483)
Record last edited
Aug 15 2011 12:22PM