Monument record 0610700000 - WALTON LODGE LANE, AYLESBURY
- None recorded
Type and Period (5)
- PIT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POST HOLE (Middle Bronze Age to Late Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 701 BC)
- CREMATION CEMETERY (Early Bronze Age to Middle Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1001 BC)
- GULLY (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 1001 BC)
- HEARTH (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 1001 BC)
A number of pits; numerous postholes (although no definite buildings were identified); a gully, possibly representing a boundary; 2 hearths and a small cremation cemetery were found during excavations by BCMAS in July-September 1994. Finds indicate a possible origin in the Late Neolithic or Early Bronze, although the majority of the features seem to date from the Middle to Late Bronze Age (B1-2).
NGR to centre of site.
- ---SBC17450 Aerial Photograph: 02/02/94. BCM A20/8/8-12. SP\824132. Yes.
- <1>SBC1764 Unpublished document: Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Service. 1994. AN INTERIM REPORT ON ARCHAEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS ON LAND ADJACENT TO WALTON LODGE LANE.
- <2>SBC19717 Article in serial: CBA South Midlands Group. 1995. South Midlands Archaeology 25, 1995. No 25. pp25-6.
- <3>SBC19718 Article in serial: Mike Farley. 1996. 'Archaeological Notes from Buckinghamshire County Museum' in Recs of Bucks 36. Vol 36. p179.
|Grid reference||SP 8242 1327 (point)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- SHERD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- CINERARY URN (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- SHERD (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Late Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 701 BC)
- ARMLET (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 1001 BC)
- ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- HUMAN REMAINS (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC? to 1001 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Excavation (Ref: WLL94) (EBC11109)
Record last edited
Feb 26 2022 7:52PM