Building record 1323800000 - FARM BUILDINGS AT PARK FARM
- Listed Building (II) 1310540: FARM BUILDINGS AT PARK FARM
Type and Period (2)
- FARMHOUSE? (Built about 1770, 18th Century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
- FARM BUILDING (Built about 1770, 18th Century - 1700 AD to 1799 AD)
Grade II. Late C18. Flint rubble, red brick dressings, old tiled roofs. 2 storeys with 3 storeys either end of west front, brick floor bands, brick dentil cornice (B1).
Park Farm of c.1770, with three three-storyed polygonal towers flanking a three-bay centre originally open in an arch - a façade as of a house, not a farm. It was called 'Don Quixote's Castle' in 1781. J M Robinson attributes the farm to Revett (B2).
- <1>XYSBC3604 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1973. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: WYCOMBE DISTRICT: BOROUGH OF HIGH WYCOMBE. [Mapped feature: #11679 ]
- <2>SBC19664 Bibliographic reference: Nikolaus Pevsner & Elizabeth Williamson. 1994. The Buildings of England: Buckinghamshire. pp736-737.
|Grid reference||SU 83964 93955 (point)|
|Civil Parish||HIGH WYCOMBE, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13570)
Record last edited
Sep 25 2021 5:28PM