Building record 0058309000 - HUNTING STABLES, ASCOTT
- Listed Building (II) 1115983: HUNTING STABLES
Type and Period (3)
- STABLE (Designed 1874, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- COACH HOUSE (Designed 1874, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- GARAGE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Grade II. Ranges of stables and lodgings around a courtyard with former coach-house to centre of N.E. range, and S.E. range converted to garages. After 1874, by George Devey, for Leopold de Rothschild. Red brick,whitewashed render and half-timbering to main gables and upper part of courtyard walls, tile-hung gables over some upper windows. Moulded bressumers and bargeboards. Tiled roofs. l½ and 2 storeys. Casement windows with moulded wooden mullions. First floor windows on courtyard side all break through the eaves, alternate ones with gables. Half-glazed doors. Doors to exterior of S.W. range have lean-to tiled hoods with tile-hung sides on brackets with turned balusters in spandrels. Entrance at S.W. corner has brick walls ramped up to square brick piers with octagonal stone caps, and elaborate flanking gables. Gable to left has 2-storey canted bay window with leaded lights. Gable to right has half-timbering with arched panels and is jettied above and below upper window (B7).
- <7>SBC19252 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale District: Parishes of Aston Abbotts &C. p46.
|Grid reference||SP 89186 22998 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||WING, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13592)
Record last edited
Jan 26 2010 4:17PM