Building record 0058308000 - 1 & 2 ASCOTT GREEN COTTAGES
- Listed Building (II) 1291451: ASCOTT GREEN COTTAGES
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Designed 1876, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Grade II. Pair of cottages. Designed 1876 by George Devey for Leopold de Rothschild. Red brick with irregular large blue diapers to ground floor, whitewashed render with half-timbering and moulded bressumer above. Some fish-scale tile-hanging in gables. Tiled roof, ornamental bargeboards with pendent finials, 2 brick chimneys with square shafts. Picturesque. l½ storeys, 4 bays. Casements with diamond leading. Right bay is gabled and projecting with square bay window to ground floor, canted oriel with coved base to first floor, and overhanging upper gable. Left bay has 3-light casement to ground floor. Second bay has 2-storey canted bay window with hipped roof. Third bay has 3-light casements, the upper in a gabled semi-dormer. Entries to sides, that to right in gabled timber porch with depressed arches (B7).
- <6>SBC8263 Unpublished document: W L Mathews. 1989. NATIONAL TRUST ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEY: ASCOTT. p20.
- <7>SBC19252 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale District: Parishes of Aston Abbotts &C. p44.
|Grid reference||SP 88932 22940 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||WING, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13592)
Record last edited
Jan 28 2010 3:08PM