Building record 0058307000 - ESTATE OFFICE, ASCOTT
- Listed Building (II) 1115982: ESTATE OFFICE
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (Built about 1880-1890, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- ESTATE OFFICE (Built about 1880-1890, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- (Alternate Type) ESTATE COTTAGE (19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Grade II. Offices and house. Circa 1880-90. Possibly by James Williams. Red brick to ground floor, whitewashed roughcast to first floor, with half-timbering in gables. Tiled roofs, moulded bargeboards with dentils, brick chimneys with groups of square shafts set diagonally. 1½ storeys, 2 bays to N. Leaded casements. Left bay has 2-light casements, that to ground floor with small gable above, the other a dormer window. Right bay has 4-light transomed casement to ground floor. Pair of doors between bays have porch with 2 segmental wooden arches. Left side has gabled bay with 2-storey bay window to left, and hipped roof over porch and projection to right. Included for group value (B7).
- <6>SBC8263 Unpublished document: W L Mathews. 1989. NATIONAL TRUST ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEY: ASCOTT. p20.
- <7>SBC19252 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale District: Parishes of Aston Abbotts &C. p44.
|Grid reference||SP 88869 22938 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||WING, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13592)
Record last edited
Jan 28 2010 3:10PM