Building record 0058305000 - DOMESTIC STABLES, ASCOTT
- Listed Building (II) 1219471: DOMESTIC STABLES
Type and Period (4)
- STABLE (Built after 1874, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- HOUSE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
- GARAGE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
- STOREHOUSE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Grade II. House, garage and store, former stables. After 1874, probably by George Devey and associates, altered. Red brick with some blue diaper patterning, half-timbered gables, tiled roofs, wooden louvres with pyramidal roofs and lead ball finials. Ranges around 3 sides of a courtyard with wall partly across the front. Central ranges has gable with hayloft door, tile-hung clock-tower with pyramidal roof, archway to left and garage entry to right. Single storey range to right also has central gable over door, and 4 casements, 3 leaded. Range to left has square-plan brick tower with pyramidal roof and wrought-iron weathervane, and gabled house of l½ storeys with leaded casements to first floor and C20 wooden casements and door below (B7).
- <7>SBC19252 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale District: Parishes of Aston Abbotts &C. p46.
|Grid reference||SP 89138 22750 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||WING, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13592)
Record last edited
Jan 26 2010 4:14PM