Building record 0058303000 - MAIN LODGE, ASCOTT
- Listed Building (II) 1219464: MAIN LODGE
Type and Period (2)
- GATE LODGE (Designed 1874, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- (Alternate Type) ESTATE COTTAGE (19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Grade II. Lodge. After 1874. By George Devey. Red brick with large blue diapers to ground floor, whitewashed roughcast and half-timbering with ornamental curved braces to gables. Tiled roofs, ornamental cusped bargeboards with pendent finials, brick chimney with 2 square shafts set diagonally between left bays. One storey, 3 Days to east. Leaded casements. Left bay has 3-light casement with small gable over. Centre bay projects with gable overhanging canted oriel window. Canted wooden porch in angle with right bay has half-glazed door and flat roof. Gable end to road has canted bay window with small ornamental turned balustrade above (B7).
- <6>SBC8263 Unpublished document: W L Mathews. 1989. NATIONAL TRUST ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEY: ASCOTT. p17, plate p22.
- <7>SBC19252 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale District: Parishes of Aston Abbotts &C. p45.
|Grid reference||SP 89100 23016 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||WING, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13592)
Record last edited
Feb 2 2018 12:09PM