Building record 0058302000 - ASCOTT HOUSE: N ENTRANCE
- Listed Building (II) 1320178: GATES AND GATE PIERS AT NORTH ENTRANCE TO ASCOTT HOUSE
Type and Period (2)
- GATE (Designed 1874, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- GATE PIER (Designed 1874, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Grade II. Double gates with gate piers and flanking single gates. After 1874, designed by George Devey. Wooden gates have ornamental slats with pierced quatrefoils to lower half and open quatrefoils with wrought iron scrolls to upper part. Square-plan gate piers are of brick with stone caps and ornamental globe lamps. Front of each pier has oval stone tablet with Rothschild device of crossed arrows (B7).
- <6>SBC8263 Unpublished document: W L Mathews. 1989. NATIONAL TRUST ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEY: ASCOTT. p21, plate p22.
- <7>SBC19252 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale District: Parishes of Aston Abbotts &C. p45.
|Grid reference||SP 89105 23031 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||WING, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13592)
Record last edited
Feb 2 2018 12:09PM