Building record 1172401000 - LUDGERSHALL FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 1311349: LUDGERSHALL FARMHOUSE
Type and Period (3)
- HOUSE (16th Century to 18th Century - 1500 AD to 1799 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (16th Century to Modern - 1500 AD to 1999 AD)
Grade II. House. Late C16-C17, altered C18 and C20, with C18 cross wing to north, also altered C20. Coursed rubble stone, part rebuilt, the S. wing having some exposed timber framing to first floor and to rear, the rear with thin brick infill. C20 asbestos slate roof with altered shallow pitch, rebuilt brick chimneys to gables. L-plan with small lean-to in angle. 2 storeys. C16-C17 wing of one large bay, C18 wing of 2 bays. C20 barred metal casements to front. Left side of cross wing has 2 C18 4-light leaded casements to first floor. Rear of older wing has 5-light casements with old frames and C20 leaded glazing, and wide door to left in wooden frame with small roll-moulding. Tiled lean-to hood over door and ground floor window. Main entry now in C19 lean-to at far end of cross wing. Interior: older wing has chamfered spine beam, large open fireplace and C16-C17 winder stair to first floor and attic, the lower flight with moulded handrail and turned baluster at landing. C18 wing has narrower stop-chamfered spine beams and timber-framed partition wall (B1).
- <1>SBC19811 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale: Parishes of Boarstall &C. p61.
|Grid reference||SP 66411 17363 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||LUDGERSHALL, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 8 2013 10:44AM