Monument record 0579600000 - AMERDEN LANE WEST
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- MIDDEN (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
Dimensions - Width 0005 Length 0005 m
SMALL PREHISTORIC SITE CENTRED ON TRENCH D22: A SMALL DEPOSIT INTERPRETED AS A MIDDEN WITH BRONZE AGE (?) POTTERY, BURNT & STRUCK FLINT IN A LAYER 10CM THICK, BURIED BY C.30CM OF COLLUVIUM WITH ROMAN POTTERY. OTHER POSSIBLE FEATURES FOUND IN ADJACENT TRENCH D49 (B1).
- <1>SBC23793 Unpublished document: Thames Valley Archaeological Service. 1991. Maidenhead, Windsor and Eton Flood Alleviation Scheme: Archaeological Evaluation Stage 3 1991. p7, Figs 5a-c.
- <2>SBC19200 Unpublished document: Oxford Archaeological Unit. 1997. Maidenhead, Windsor and Eton Flood Alleviation Scheme Post-Ex Assessment and Updated Project Design: Amerden Lane West (Taplow).
|Grid reference||SU 9066 8105 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||TAPLOW, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
- SHERD (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- BURNT FLINT (Early Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 701 BC?)
- SHERD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- FLAKE (Early Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 701 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: Evaluation trial trenching, test pitting and auger surveys (EBC10294)
- Event - Intervention: Excavations along the line of the Maidenhead, Windsor and Eton Flood Eleviation Scheme (EBC16348)
- Event - Intervention: Investigations for Maidenhead, Windsor and Eton Flood Alleviation Scheme (EBC16358)
Record last edited
Jul 20 2011 4:20PM