Building record 0490601000 - MANOR FARMHOUSE, CHURCH LANE, EDGCOTT
- Listed Building (II) 1214322: MANOR FARM COTTAGE AND MANOR FARMHOUSE
Type and Period (3)
- (Former Type) MANOR HOUSE (17th Century to 19th Century - 1600 AD to 1899 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (19th Century to Modern - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)
- HOUSE (19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Dimensions - Length 0022 m Width 0008
Plan Form - RECTANGULAR
MANOR FARM WAS FORMERLY THE MANOR HOUSE (B1).
2 STOREYS & ATTIC, BUILT C.1680. SMALL 1-STOREY NE WING. ORIGINAL WALLS OF RED & BLUE BRICKS (B2).
Grade II. House and cottage. Early-mid C18, extended C19. Main block has rubble stone base, chequer brick above with first floor band course, and moulded wooden eaves cornice. Old tile roof, brick stacks to right gable and left of centre. 2 storeys and attic, 6 bays. 2 ground floor bays to right have paired barred wooden casements. Remainder have 4-pane sash windows with wooden moulding to top of frame. Ground floor windows have cut brick heads. First floor windows of bays 2, 3 and 5 are blocked. Single light window between bays 4 and 5. 3 gabled dormers with similar sashes. Half-glazed, panelled door in 4th bay, recessed with panelled reveals and reeded surround. Gabled hood above at band course level has moulded bargeboards and carved scroll brackets. C19 cottage attached to left has stone plinth, brick to ground floor, tile-hung first floor, tiled roof half-hipped to left, and central brick stack. 2 storeys, 2 bays. C20 barred wooden casements and door with segmental heads. RCHM II p.106 Mon.2 (B3).
AT NGR (B4).
- <1>SBC16069 Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS 4 PP169-170.
- <2>SBC12887 Bibliographic reference: RCHM BUCKS 2 P106.
- <3>SBC3775 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST. p3.
- <4>SBC10378 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1958. OS 1958 1:10560 MAP. 1:10,560.
|Grid reference||SP 68016 22768 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||EDGCOTT, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13589)
Record last edited
Jun 24 2009 7:04PM