Building record 0490200000 - BRIDGE, N OF THORNBOROUGH
- Listed Building (II) 1288365: BRIDGE OVER RIVER GREAT OUSE TO NORTH OF THORNBOROUGH
Type and Period (2)
- BRIDGE (17th Century to 18th Century - 1600 AD? to 1799 AD)
- (Alternate Type) ROAD BRIDGE (17th Century to 18th Century - 1600 AD? to 1799 AD)
Dimensions - Length 0020 m
Plan Form - LINEAR
Grade II. Bridge. C18 re-casing in brick of older rubble stone structure. English bond. Four pointed arches, very low parapet with later posts and railings. W. side has two cut-waters and off-set brickwork to two right hand arches. E. side has off-set brickwork and stepped corbels below parapet (B4).
NGR TO BRIDGE (B2).
KNOWN AS THE 'LONG BRIDGE' IN C18 & C19 (B3).
- <1>SBC15895 Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS 4 P238.
- <2>SBC10384 Bibliographic reference: OS 1958 6IN (1.10560) (ARP OBTAINS INFO FROM).
- <3>SBC2792 Bibliographic reference: CHADBURN ADB 1984 PARISH SURVEY OF LECKHAMSTEAD P1 09; ALSO, BCC HISTORIC BUILDINGS OFFICER, PERS CO.
- <4>SBC19250 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1983. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. p20.
|Grid reference||SP 73840 35490 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||LECKHAMPSTEAD, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
|Civil Parish||THORNBOROUGH, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
|Civil Parish||FOSCOTT, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit by Historic Buildings Officer (EBC13585)
Record last edited
Oct 10 2007 6:08PM