Monument record 0470001000 - 2 ST MARY'S SQUARE
- None recorded
Type and Period (3)
- CHURCHYARD (Saxon - 410 AD? to 1065 AD?)
- INHUMATION CEMETERY (Saxon - 410 AD? to 1065 AD?)
- INHUMATION (Unknown date)
2 HUMAN LEG BONES, DEFINITELY IN SITU, FOUND IN REBUILDING RETAINING WALL OF AREA & GRILLE GIVING ACCESS TO CELLAR (B4).
Visit by Sandy Kidd (BCC) following report of further human remains discovered during building work in cellar. 2 femurs of an apparently articulated inhumation revealed at about head height behind (and presumably cut by) the cellar wall during small scale building works. The remains were left in-situ. Disturbed 'made ground' (a grey loam, probably in-situ, and including at least one disarticulated human bone) was visible in the section to a depth of about 2m below the modern ground surface (B5).
- <4>SBC9928 Verbal communication: P Nightingale. 1980. NIGHTINGALE MRS P TO FARLEY M E (BCM) JUNE 1980.
- <5>SBC19822 Unpublished document: Sandy Kidd. 2002. Sandy Kidd September 2002 Notes of site visit.
|Grid reference||SP 81785 13897 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Intervention: Disturbed find (EBC16147)
- Event - Intervention: Disturbed find & site visit (EBC16148)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2012 12:49PM