Building record 0457901000 - MANOR FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 1332006: NORTH COTTAGE AND SOUTH COTTAGE, MANOR FARM
- Planning Notification Area: Late Medieval timber-framed building at Manor Farmhouse, Little Hampden
Type and Period (6)
- (Former Type) MANOR HOUSE (15th Century to Modern - 1400 AD to 1999 AD)
- (Former Type) FARMHOUSE (19th Century to Modern - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (15th Century to 17th Century - 1400 AD to 1699 AD)
- CROSS WING HOUSE (15th Century to 17th Century - 1400 AD to 1699 AD)
- HOUSE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
- (Alternate Type) CRUCK HOUSE (15th Century - 1400 AD to 1499 AD)
MANOR HOUSE NOW FARMHOUSE. 2 STOREY. BRICK WITH SOME TIMBER & PARTLY PLASTERED (B2).
Grade II. 2 small houses, formerly one. C15 wing with larger C17 cross wing to right, altered. C15 wing is rebuilt in brick and whitewashed; cross wing rendered and whitewashed over timber frame. Old tile roofs, half-hipped over cross wing. Large external brick chimney to left, another to centre of cross wing. C15 wing has one storey and an attic and 1½ bays. Full bay to left has C20 4-light barred metal casement to ground floor, and 3-light wooden casement in eaves-line raking dormer. Half bay has similar 2-light dormer, single light, and C20 door with flat hood. C20 weatherboard extension to rear left corner. 1½-storey cross wing with C20 5-light metal casement to ground floor, 3-light wooden casement above, and C20 door in angle with small C20 brick extension to right side. Interior: C15 wing has 2 cruck trusses, well shaped and chamfered, and first floor inserted C17 with wide stop-chamfered joists and spine beam, one end of spine on moulded bracket. C17 wing has timber frame with diagonal braces, the front room also with stop-chamfered spine beam and joists (B3).
Buildings report held at NMR (B4).
- <2>SBC12638 Bibliographic reference: RCHM BUCKS 1 P163.
- <3>SBC22140 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. p24.
- <4>SBC23358 Unpublished document: English Heritage. 2006. NMR Buildings Reports. BF038828.
|Grid reference||SP 86102 03616 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT AND LITTLE HAMPDEN, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 14 2009 6:11PM