Building record 0403700000 - Holy Trinity Church, DRAYTON PARSLOW
- Listed Building (II*) 1289256: CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
- Planning Notification Area: Medieval parish church of Holy Trinity, Drayton Parslow
Type and Period (1)
- PARISH CHURCH (Restored in 19th century, 12th Century to 19th Century - 1100 AD to 1899 AD)
Dimensions - Width 0012 Length 0022 m
Plan Form - SUBRECTANGULAR
Grade II+. Parish church. Fragments of C12 masonry, C14 chancel, C15 nave and W. tower,C16 S. porch. All much restored C19. Coursed lime and ironstone rubble with dressed blocks for tower. Slate roof to nave, tiled chancel and porch, W.tower of 2 stages with diagonal buttresses, plain parapet, 2-light cusped openings with flat hoodmoulds to bell-chamber and 2-light traceried window to west. Nave has plinth, plain ironstone parapet, and 2 bays of 2-light traceried windows, one to south with original hoodmould and carved head stops. Similar hood to N. door. S. door has moulded arch. Porch has C16 roof with curved wind-braces, small slit window to south, and stone benches, chancel has one bay of 2-light windows with ogee tracery. S. wall has small C19 doorway and additional 2-light traceried window. 3-light perpendicular E. window. Interior: Tall triple chamfered tower arch. Nave windows have reveals with original chamfered edges. Double chamfered chancel arch on corbels with carved heads. C19 roofs and sedilia. Fittings: Fine late C15 hexagonal font with wide battlemented basin and heraldic shields to sides, on niches with ogee canopied heads, crockets and finials, and moulded and chamfered base. C15 alabaster panel over altar has relief of the Crucifixion. Fragments of C15 glass, C17 credence table and carved door to aumbry. Other fittings and glass C19 - early C20. RCHM II p 99-100 (B7).
PHOTOS, BCM FILE.
AT NGR (B8).
- ---SBC25137 Unpublished document: KDK Archaeology Ltd. April 2018. Holy Trinity Church, Drayton Parslow, Buckinghamshire: Archaeological Summary Report.
- <1>SBC7924 Bibliographic reference: LIPSCOMB III 340.
- <2>SBC14110 Bibliographic reference: SHEAHAN 668-9.
- <3>SBC16237 Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS III 347-8(ILLUS).
- <4>SBC13153 Bibliographic reference: RCHM BUCKS II 99-100.
- <5>SBC13621 Article in serial: RECS OF BUCKS VI P252.
- <6>SBC11685 Bibliographic reference: PEVSNER 1960 BUCKINGHAMSHIRE P111.
- <7>SBC19045 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST. p3.
- <8>SBC10479 Map: OS 1979 1:2500 MAP.
|Grid reference||SP 83740 28410 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||DRAYTON PARSLOW, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Intervention: Archaeological Summary Report: Holy Trinity Church, Drayton Parslow (Ref: 340/DSP/1.2) (EBC18122)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13590)
Record last edited
Aug 22 2019 2:49PM