Giving advice on a planning application
Choose a site near you or one you have studied in depth and imagine there was a planning application to build houses there. Look on the Unlocking Buckinghamshire's Past website for any archaeological remains in the area. You have to decide:
- where to put the houses and where not to put them
- what to call the roads they will be built on
- what layout the development should be
- what other amenities need to be built
- where the amenities should go and what they would look like
- what needs to be done to protect the village/town or archaeological site but still allow access
- Also think about the uses the historic environment could have in the new community.
Do a plan of where you would put 3000 houses taking into account all the aspects of the development above. Write a report to go with it suggesting how to protect and provide better access and interpretation of the historic and natural environment and any other ideas you have.
Go back for more Archaeological skills and concepts.