Building record 0409200000 - 32 CASTLE STREET
- Listed Building (II) 1117966: NO 32 CASTLE STREET
Type and Period (4)
- TITHE BARN (16th Century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
- GARAGE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
- HOUSE (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED BARN (16th Century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
Dimensions - Length 37m, Width 7m.
Plan Form - L Shaped.
Large, 6 bays, probably a late C16 tithe barn. Timber-framed & covered with weatherboarding. Roof tiled & has queen-post trusses (B1).
Extends beyond rear wall into Prebendal grounds. Must have housed Aylesbury tithes belonging to the prebend & its most valuable asset (B2).
Grade II. Early barn, formerly belonging to The Prebendal House. Timber frame, weatherboarding, tiled roof (B3).
AT NGR (B4).
- <1>SBC12720 Bibliographic reference: RCHM BUCKS 1 P33.
- <2>SBC6087 Article in serial: Hugh Hanley. 1977. 'NOTES ON THE HISTORY OF THE PREBENDAL', IN AYLESBURY SOCIETY NEWSLETTER 12 P3. No 12.
- <3>SBC3590 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1973. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST. p16.
- <4>XYSBC25367 Verbal communication: Andrew Pike (BCM). 1977. PIKE A R, PERS COMM, NOV 1977. [Mapped feature: #2237 ]
|Grid reference||SP 81650 13840 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||AYLESBURY, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit by Historic Buildings Officer (EBC13569)
Record last edited
Feb 8 2021 6:59PM