Monument record 0290400000 - DAGNALL BREWERY
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- BREWERY (20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
'BREWERY' AT NGR (B1).
SITE OF MOTTS, LATER ROBERT & WILSON'S BREWERY. TAKEN OVER BY BENSKINS OF WATFORD & CLOSED & DEMOLISHED IN 1950'S/1960'S (B2).
Dagnall Brewery founded probably in 1840s by Thomas Batchelar. The business remained in the family until 1897 when it was sold to Fullers, the brewery being described as having a 12 quarter mash tun, 35 quarter malthouse and being steam powered. By 1903 the brewery was being used for storage only and in 1913 the brewery was sold and in 1928 some of the old brewhouse was demolished, although part was still standing in 2006 (B3).
- <1>SBC10253 Map: OS 1880 1:2500 MAP,1ST EDITION.
- <2>SBC5853 Bibliographic reference: GREEN MR F S & PIKE A R JULY 1977 FIELD VISIT.
- <3>SBC22960 Bibliographic reference: Mike Brown. 2007. A Brewers' Compendium: A Directory of Buckinghamshire Brewers. pp75-78.
|Grid reference||SP 99300 16220 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||EDLESBOROUGH, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC17678)
Record last edited
Jan 14 2015 7:19PM