Building record 0258501000 - WHITE HOUSE FARMHOUSE
- Listed Building (II) 1212147: WHITE HOUSE FARMHOUSE
Type and Period (4)
- FARMHOUSE (19th Century to Modern - 1800 AD? to 1999 AD)
- MANOR HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- (Alternate Type) TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
- JETTIED HOUSE (16th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1699 AD)
Dimensions - Width 0010 Length 0022 m
Plan Form - L SHAPED
REMAINS OF MANSION, SUPPOSEDLY THE LEES MANOR HOUSE, NOW A FARM (B1).
OLD MANOR HOUSE (ILLUS)(B2).
Grade II. House. C16-C17, altered. Whitewashed roughcast, probably over timber frame, some framing exposed to left side. Rubble stone plinth. Old tile roof. Chimney stacks of thin brick with square shafts set diagonally, 2 to left side and right gable, 4 to centre. L-plan. 2 storeys and attic, first floor of main wing jettied over plaster cove with moulded wall plate and bressumer. 4 bays, that to left projecting to front and gabled with modillioned bargeboards. 3-light leaded casements, those to first floor with moulded wooden cornice tops. Left bay has smaller similar window to attic of front gable, canted bay window with leaded lights and transoms to right-hand return wall and C20 door in angle with main wing. Third bay has C16 door, boarded and studded, in moulded frame, and porch dated 1662 EVM 1894. Porch is of ashlar to front and thin brick to sides, and has 4-centred arch with shields to spandrels, fluted Doric pilasters on panelled plinths, moulded entablature continued round sides, and pediment. Single leaded light to left of porch. Centre of range has ashlar niche with shallow arched head. Interior: projecting wing has stone fireplace with 4-centred arch to ground floor. RCHM II p. 103 Mon.2 (B3-4).
AT NGR (B5).
- ---SBC20717 Aerial Photograph: Michael Farley. 2001. 2001 Michael Farley oblique AP. SP74062556. Yes.
- <1>SBC14201 Bibliographic reference: SHEAHAN P356.
- <2>SBC16118 Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS 4 PP28-30.
- <3>SBC12886 Bibliographic reference: RCHM BUCKS 2 P103.
- <4>SBC20017 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Bucks: Aylesbury Vale: Parishes of Dunton &C.
- <5>SBC10481 Map: OS 1980 1:2500 MAP.
|Grid reference||SP 73950 25615 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EAST CLAYDON, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13590)
Record last edited
Apr 27 2017 3:34PM