Monument record 0199900000 - DRUELS MANOR
- Planning Notification Area: Site of Medieval chapel and manor of Druels
Type and Period (1)
- MANOR (Medieval to Post-Medieval - 1066 AD to 1798 AD)
Family of de Rual or Druel held land, later known as Mesles or Druels, in Bledlow, of the Honour of Mortain in C13. Tenement seems to have been hamlet of Mosleye which John Druel held C13 & C14. Only trace left is Druels Wood, which has now gone (B1-2).
Field at NGR called 'Drewells' & wood near (B3-4).
- <1>SBC20461 Bibliographic reference: William Page (ed). 1908. A History of Buckinghamshire (Victoria County History) Volume II. Volume 2. pp248-249.
- <2>SBC17128 Bibliographic reference: YOUNG A 1964 BLEDLOW:I, RECS OF BUCKS 17 P280.
- <3>SBC10115 Map: OS 1870 (REVISED) 1 INCH MAP, 1ST EDIT.
- <4>SBC9521 Map: MRS M COOPER, MRS Y PARMINTER & M E FARLEY, JUNE 1 974, FROM BLEDLOW INCLOSURE MAP, 1812 (IN B.R.O, .
|Grid reference||SU 78700 99300 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 5 2022 9:18PM