Monument record 0179700000 - MAYLANDS, DAGNALL
- Planning Notification Area: Possible Saxon cemetery found in 19th century
Type and Period (1)
- INHUMATION CEMETERY? (Saxon - 410 AD? to 1065 AD?)
IN A FIELD CALLED MAYLANDS, 7 SKELETONS ARE REPORTED TO HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO, LYING DUE E & W (B1).
'DOUBTFUL' SAXON BURIAL SITE (B2).
MR F S GREEN, DAGNALL, POINTS OUT 'MAYLANDS' OR 'MALLANDS' FIELD (B3).
Negative watching brief carried out in March 2014 by Heritage Network Ltd during cable trenching for a solar array. Only the cut for a probably recent field drain was observed in the cable trench. See report for detail (B4).
- <1>SBC14273 Bibliographic reference: SHEAHAN P676.
- <2>SBC8306 Bibliographic reference: MEANEY A 1964 GAZETTEER OF EARLY ANGLO-SAXON BURIAL SITES P57.
- <3>SBC5851 Verbal communication: Mr F S Green. 1977. GREEN MR F S, PERS COMM TO PIKE A R (BCM), JULY 1977, DURING FIELD VISIT.
- <4>SBC24522 Unpublished document: Heritage Network. 2014. Dagnall Farm, Main Road North, Dagnall: Monitoring Report.
|Grid reference||SP 99000 16200 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EDLESBOROUGH, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: Disturbed find (EBC11961)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13451)
- Event - Intervention: Watching brief (Ref: HN1118) (EBC17676)
Record last edited
Nov 29 2016 7:57PM