Find Spot record 0105200000 - GRAVEL PIT, FOSCOTT
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Undated)
HAND AXE (B1-2).
Findspot in River Terrace deposits. Old gravel pits have been flooded and landscaped and are now used by a fishing club. 8-10m of overgrown pit face survive above the water level (B3).
- <1>SBC2120 Bibliographic reference: BULL E J 1975.
- <2>SBC8575 Bibliographic reference: MILTON KEYNES JNL 1 1972 P15.
- <3>SBC24282 Unpublished document: Wessex Archaeology. 1996. The English Rivers Palaeolithic Project: Regions 9 (Great Ouse Drainage) and 12 (Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Wolds). p46.
|Grid reference||SP 72300 35200 (point)|
|Civil Parish||FOSCOTT, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- HANDAXE (Lower Palaeolithic to Early Bronze Age - 500000 BC? to 2201 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Surface find (EBC12851)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2012 9:13AM