Monument record 0104104000 - THE ABBEY, ASTON ABBOTTS
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- (Former Type) ROADBLOCK (Modern - 1939 AD? to 1945 AD)
Three log road blocks were set up on the three main roads into Aston Abbotts during the Second World War. See sub-records for positions. The Czechoslovak guards who were protecting the Czech president in exile operated these three, which were usually operated by the Home Guard (B12). NGR to centre of village.
- <1>SBC2416 Bibliographic reference: CARTWRIGHT JJ (ED) 1888 THE TRAVELS THROUGH ENGLAN D OF DR RICHARD POCOCK-- 1750, 1751 &LATER YEARS,.
- <2>SBC7677 Bibliographic reference: LIPSCOMB 3 P307.
- <3>SBC14266 Bibliographic reference: SHEAHAN P655.
- <4>SBC15351 Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS 2 P29; 3 P328.
- <6>SBC10729 Bibliographic reference: OS RECORD CARD SP 81 NW 1.
- <7>SBC24516 Verbal communication: Andrew Pike (BCM). 1977. Pers comm May 1977, following field visit.
- <8>SBC19252 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Aylesbury Vale District: Parishes of Aston Abbotts &C. p2.
- <9>SBC5423 Article in serial: FOSTER A J 1902 A TOUR THROUGH BUCKINGHAMSHIRE IN BERKS, BUCKS & OXON ARCH JOURNAL 8 PP23-24.
- <10>SBC19002 Unpublished document: Buckinghamshire County Museum Archaeological Service. 1998. Historic Parks and Gardens Register Review.
- <11>SBC22393 Bibliographic reference: Aston Abbots History Group. 2000 AD. Aston Abbots 1000-2000 A Village History.
- <12>SBC22544 Bibliographic reference: Neil Rees. 2005. The Czech Connection: The Czechoslovak Governement in Exile in London and Buckinghamshire.. Image 86.
|Grid reference||SP 84701 20029 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||ASTON ABBOTTS, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC13592)
Record last edited
Jan 8 2015 4:43PM