Building record 1340100000 - War memorial at junction of Church Road and Farnham Road, Farnham Royal
- Listed Building (II) 1096054: WAR MEMORIAL AT THE JUNCTION WITH CHURCH ROAD
Type and Period (1)
- WAR MEMORIAL (Built 1920, 20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Grade II. War Memorial. 1920, with names of World War II fallen added later. Rough Cornish granite with lead lettering on York stone platform. St. Martins Cross on a shaft set on a deep plinth of square plan. To west face, names of the 25 killed in World War I, under which, 'DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY'. To east face, names of the 16 killed in World War II (B1). Further details and photographs can be viewed onwww.buckinghamshirermemembers.org.uk.
- ---SBC24036 Digital archive: Imperial War Museum. 2011. UK National Inventory of War Memorials. 8269.
- ---SBC24038 Digital archive: June, Peter & Martin Underwood. 2011. Buckinghamshire Remembers database.
- <1>SBC4001 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: DISTRICT OF SOUTH BUCKS. Added 11th November 2002.
|Grid reference||SU 95980 82840 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||FARNHAM ROYAL, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 6 2012 10:37AM