Building record 0084602000 - War memorial in St Peter's Churchyard, Iver.
- Listed Building (II) 1389143: WAR MEMORIAL IN ST PETERS CHURCHYARD
Type and Period (1)
- WAR MEMORIAL (Built about 1920, 20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
Grade II. War memorial. Circa 1920. Built of stone. Carved cross with sunray and fleur de lys motifs on octagonal plinth bearing metal plaques with the names of the Fallen set on three octagonal stone steps (B13).
UKNIWM notes that the memorial was designed by William Henry Ward and carved by Lawrence Turner and dedicated by the Chaplain General to the Forces on 14th June 1920. (B14)
- <13>SBC4001 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: DISTRICT OF SOUTH BUCKS. Added 15th January 2001.
- <14>SBC24036 Digital archive: Imperial War Museum. 2011. UK National Inventory of War Memorials. UKNIWM REF: 8262.
- <15>SBC24038 Digital archive: June, Peter & Martin Underwood. 2011. Buckinghamshire Remembers database.
|Grid reference||TQ 03926 81174 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||IVER, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 24 2012 3:07PM