Monument record 0938000000 - Taplow village
- Conservation Area: Taplow Conservation Area
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) VILL (Recorded 1086, 11th Century - 1000 AD to 1099 AD)
- SETTLEMENT (Medieval to Modern - 1066 AD to 1999 AD)
Roger holds Taplow from the Bishop [of Bayeux]. It answers for 8 hides and 1 virgate. Land for 16 ploughs; in lordship 1. 18 villagers with 4 smallholders have 15 ploughs. 2 slaves; from the fishery 1,000 eels; meadow for 1 plough; woodland, 700 pigs. Total value £8; when acquired 60s; before 1066 £9. Asgot, Earl Harold's man, held this manor; there a man of Archbishop Stigand's also had 1 hide; he could sell (B1).
NGR to centre of village.
Conservation Area designated in June 1975 and revised in September 2006 (B2).
- <1>SBC4271 Bibliographic reference: John Morris (ed). 1978. Domesday Book: Buckinghamshire. 4:15.
- <2>SBC22925 Unpublished document: South Bucks District Council. 2007. Taplow Conservation Area Character Appraisal.
|Grid reference||SU 908 821 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||TAPLOW, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 31 2011 9:35AM