Monument record 0077301000 - FOSCOTT VILLA
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- TESSELLATED FLOOR (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Plan Form - Rectangular.
Tesselated pavement, removed to Queen's Temple, Stowe Park (temple - CASS 0420802). Inscription relates that mosaic was found during excavations at Fosctt villa, 1843. Slides, photos, & a portion of pavement at BCM (B7).
Other tesserae found at various times (B2, B6).
NGR to villa (B10).
- <2>SBC1297 Unpublished document: BCM ACCESSIONS REGISTERS 82-83.18; 86.18; 88-90.18; 12.56; 244.68.
- <6>SBC6155 Unpublished document: HARTWELL MUSEUM CATALOGUE VOL I 1783-1866 (AT BCM).
- <7>SBC11901 Verbal communication: PIKE A R (BCM) & PARISH D A (BCM) MAY 1985 PERS COMM (PHOTOS & SLIDES, FILED).
- <10>SBC10450 Map: OS 1972 1:2500 MAP.
|Grid reference||SP 77240 35350 (point)|
|Civil Parish||FOSCOTT, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire|
- TESSERA (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
- Event - Intervention: (EBC12526)
- Event - Survey: (EBC13517)
Record last edited
Nov 8 2022 10:22AM