Monument record 0845900000 - Former Gomme factory, Leigh Street
- Conservation Area: Leigh Street Furniture Heritage Conservation Area
Type and Period (4)
- FURNITURE FACTORY (20th Century to Modern - 1900 AD to 1930 AD)
- MANAGERS HOUSE (Dated 1909, 20th Century - 1900 AD to 1999 AD)
- AIRCRAFT FACTORY (Modern - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- OFFICE (21st Century - 2000 AD to 2099 AD)
Former factory of E Gomme, the company founded by Ebenezer Gomme, comprising four-storey brick factory built early 1900s and rebuilt in 1922 after a serious fire. Also the house of Ebenezer Gomme with date-inscription of 1909, and now used as an office. Noted as the factory where Gomme's famous G-Plan range was first made. During World War II the factory was used for aircraft production. Report and photographs (B1).
A significant building with the Leigh Street Furniture Heritage Conservation Area (B2).
- <1>SBC22231 Unpublished document: Marian Miller. 2004. High Wycombe: Furniture Town. PD34 - pages 133.
- <2>SBC23267 Bibliographic reference: Wycombe District Council. 2006. Leigh Street Furniture Heritage Conservation Area (summary).
|Grid reference||Centred SU 85532 93267 (26m by 32m)|
|Civil Parish||HIGH WYCOMBE, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 8 2017 9:19AM