Monument record 0839400000 - SW of Fryers Farm
- None recorded
Type and Period (1)
- PIT (1st Century Roman - 43 AD? to 99 AD?)
Watching brief carried out in May 2003 by Foundations Archaeology during topsoil stripping for Thames water pipeline identified a single circular pit measuring 2.2m X 2.1m and 0..31m deep with sloping sides and flat base. The fills contained late Iron Age to early Romano-British pottery (all C1 AD). See report for detail (B1).
- <1>SBC22184 Unpublished document: Foundations Archaeology. 2004. Widdenton to West Wycombe Park Pipeline: Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment, Monitoring, Evaluation and Strip & Record Excavation.
|Grid reference||SU 8200 9239 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||FINGEST AND LANE END, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
- VESSEL (Late Iron Age to 1st Century Roman - 1 AD to 99 AD)
- TILE (1st Century Roman - 43 AD? to 99 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Intervention: Evaluation trenching, limited area excavation and watching briefs (Ref: WWW 03) (EBC16503)
Record last edited
Oct 5 2007 3:00PM