Monument record 0482201000 - Field to S of M25, IVER HEATH
- None recorded
Type and Period (3)
- ENCLOSURE (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD)
- RING DITCH? (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC? to 42 AD?)
A strongly enhanced magnetic susceptibility was noted in three areas (W16-18) of the survey carried out in advance of M25 widening. The hotspot in W16 was interpreted as iron-rich deposition from a spring. In area W17, a negative lynchet was noted along the line of the old field division, and into area W18 there was a marked increase in topsil suspectibility. An area 90m x 60 was investigated by magnetometry and revealed underlying linear features including an enclosure and a possible penannular ring-ditch (B3).
- <3>SBC19864 Unpublished document: Oxford Archaeotechnics. 1993. M25 Widening: Junctions 15-16: Magnetic Susceptibility and Magnetometer Survey. pp15, 35.
|Grid reference||TQ 0354 8379 (point)|
|Civil Parish||IVER, South Bucks, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Geophysical survey (Ref: 023293/IVB/BCM) (EBC16181)
Record last edited
Feb 22 2021 2:18PM