Building record 1332700000 - HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, LANE END
- Listed Building (II) 1310958: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
Type and Period (2)
- PARISH CHURCH (Dated 1877, 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Grade II. Parish church. Dated 1877 on stone dedication tablet at E. end. By J. Oldrid Scott. Flint with stone dressings, tiled roofs. Nave, N. porch, tower in angle with small N. transept, N. chapel, chancel and S, vestry. In Early English style with lancet windows. Off-set buttresses, stone sill course, flint and stone chequer patterning to tops of gables. Nave has 2 lancets and cusped roundel to W., 5 lancets to S. with arched door to left, and 2 lancets to N. Gabled N. porch at right end, with double chamfered arch, and paired cusped lights to each side. Tower, raised 1901, is of 3 stages with saddle-back roof, clocks in gables, paired cusped openings to bell-chamber, lancets, and W. door. Triple lancets in small gable of N. transept, the central light taller. N. chapel has 3 lancets to N. and traceried roundel to E. Chancel has 3- light traceried E. window with carved head hoodmould stops. Door and 2-light window to vestry. Interior: nave has 6-bay roof of re-used medieval timbers from barn at Bisham Abbey, with chamfered arch-braces to collars, and chamfered arched wind-braces (B1).
- <1>SBC3985 Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1986. LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST: BUCKS; WYCOMBE: PARISHES OF FAWLEY &C. p18.
- <2>SBC11689 Bibliographic reference: PEVSNER N & WILLIAMSON E 1994 THE BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE (REV EDN) P424.
- <3>SBC21 Graphic material: 1832 PLANS IN BRO REF:PR 122A/3/2Q (COPY, FILED).
|Grid reference||SU 80605 91646 (point) (Exact)|
|Civil Parish||FINGEST AND LANE END, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
- Event - Survey: Site visit (EBC1360)
Record last edited
Jul 20 2009 2:16PM